Friday, 7 February 2014

Friday catch up



Every Friday i plan on doing a post on what things have made me happy or what i have been loving that week.  I thought it would be a fun way to reflect and look back at the things i have done - a bit like a mini diary.  So here goes...

1) My last day at my job. It was a really emotional day with lots of tears and laughter. The hardest part was saying goodbye to some of the children i had become particularly attached too. I had been at that job for five years and with spending forty hours a week there so as you can imagine it was like saying goodbye to family.

2) Catching up with a friend this week in Costa. There is nothing better than sitting in Costa with a hot chocolate or a tea (a chai tea latte in my case - yum!) with a good friend and having a giggle and a good natter. Also, very proud of myself for resisting temptation, i avoided the muffins and cakes like the plague.

3)  I have been OBSESSED with The Body Shop 'Born Lippy' strawberry lip balm. This thing smells frigging gorgeous! It's really made me want to fall back in love with the Body Shop again, i used to be extremely loyal to the body butters but then came along 'Soap and Glory' and the rest was history. Though it's healthy to sometimes step out of your comfort zone so i may have a browse in-store next time i'm shopping.

4) I have really been enjoying the TV show Dexter. Yes, i'm fully aware i'm a bit late on this bandwagon but good old Netflix has introduced me to it and i'm already on Season 3! If you have been in dark about this show just like i had, i suggest you watch it!

5) Buying a few bits and bobs for my new house, which was mega exciting. I'm planning on doing a haul next week to show you some of the things :)

6) Skyping one of my best friends and my boyfriend. Thank goodness for Skype, without it the last year and half would had been unbearable.

7) Seeing daffodils in photos on instagram. It reminds me that Spring is nearly here.

8) Not having to set my alarm for six o'clock in the morning all week. Waking up naturally is the best feeling ever!

9) How clear my skin has been since i haven't been wearing make up every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment